Tuesday, May 22, 2012

PR!

This morning's strength component was Hang Power Clean and Push Jerk. 
1-1-1-1-1-1-1

My loads: 
55-65-75-85-95-105(PR)-115(f)

I was pretty mad at myself for missing the 115.  I had it in my mind before I ever picked up the bar that it was too heavy.  That is instant defeat.  Instant.  I know better.  Anyway...I sat down to record my scores this morning and discovered that I actually set a PR for a hang power clean at 105#.  So I'm not disappointed at all now.  Yay!!!  PR!!! 

WOD:

For time
21-15-9
Hang power clean (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
Push jerk (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)

My time:   11:42, @ 75#

The push jerk's just ate me up on this one.  And I do not know why, other than my shoulders felt like they were on fire this morning.  I can push jerk way more than 75# and should be able to do at least 10 unbroken at 75# but not today.  Holy moly I was smoked after the set of 21, and contemplated dropping weight but then laughed at myself for being so weak and just kept going.  Got it done, at least, but looks like I need to work on that lift a whole lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment