Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yay - a PR!!

3 Rounds for time of:
10 Deadlifts (Men 275 lbs, Women 185 lbs)
50 Double-unders

My time: 9:54, Rx

Compare to January 25, 2011.



By some miracle today my mind and my ears were open, and something Breck said during his double-under demo actually made sense to me. When I managed to apply it, my doubles got WAY better. They are not perfect but now I think I get it. I have been wearing myself out with jumping too high, jumping all over the place, donkey kicking, piking, etc, and I did way better today just by following his advice. Imagine that...listening to the coach actually works.


Anyway, this was a great workout and I loved every minute of it. The first time we did it (1/25/11) I was apparently having back issues. Anyway, I totally needed a PR today to get me all pumped up and excited about The Open. I need to feel like a badass again. ;)

Strength today was shoulder press:

warm ups: 5 @ 40, 3 @ 45
work sets: 3 ea @ 50-55-60-65-60

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the PR! Apparantly what you told me was right - feeling strong and a good attitude make you that much better, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why are you not sharing this amazing double under advice with us, your loyal readers??? :-p

    Good double under days are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Ha ha - Cheri. It was just that you don't have to jump any harder/higher with doubles than with singles, and to keep your arms low and in front, not out to the side like wings. How have I missed such simple advice for so long? I've been killing myself for 4 years trying to "get it". I just happened to finally listen.

    ReplyDelete