Friday, February 3, 2012

Deadlifts!

This was one of those mornings that reminded me why I love CrossFit so much. I can go along for weeks, feeling like I suck at everything, scaling things, feeling old and then *bam* along comes a day like this where everything just feels right, and I'm loving CrossFit again!

5 Rounds for time of:

20 Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)
10 Deadlifts (Men 225 lbs, Women 155 lbs)

My time: 14:01, Rx

All my deadlifts were unbroken! I only tripped once on the box jumps. I managed to do several sets of 10, actually jumping down instead of stepping down. It was a good morning and a good workout. I know I was slower than 99% of the class but that doesn't matter to me today. What matters is I felt freakin' awesome the whole time I was working out and now I'm pumped for the rest of the day!

Strength today was *tada* Deadlifts!

Warm up sets
5 @ 85
3 @ 105
2 @ 135
2 @ 155

Work sets:
1 ea @ 165-170-175-185-195-205-225

These just felt solid today for some reason. Maybe it was the rest day yesterday. Maybe I've finally started out of the valley I've been in. Who knows? Anyway, it was a way to end the week!

TGIF!!

1 comment:

  1. You sound like me!! I always think I suck and I always think I am the slowest person. But all that matters to me is that I finished the WOD and gave it my personal best. I have yet to try jumping with my box jumps. ^5!! Go girl, you are a BEAST!!!

    ReplyDelete