Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2011 Open WOD #1

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
30 Double-unders
15 Power snatches

The Power snatch loads are as follows:
Men and Masters Men 45-49, 50-54: 75lbs/35kg
Women and Masters Women 45-54: 55lbs/25kg
Masters Men 55-59, 60+: 65lbs/30kg
Masters Women 55-59, 60+: 45lbs/20kg

My rounds/reps: 3 rounds + 5 d/u (140 reps), Rx

So, today my plan was to redeem myself for my bad performance yesterday. You know, although I fell a few reps short last year, I gave my all on this WOD today so I feel like yes, I really did redeem myself. I had nothing left to give at the end, so I feel great about it.

Next week the Open starts and I really have to mentally prepare for it. Positive thoughts, good meal plans and plenty of rest. I can do this!!!


Strength today was power snatch:

warm up sets:
5 @ 55
3 @ 65
2 @ 70

work sets:
3 @ 70
3 x 4 @ 75


4 comments:

  1. Good work! Saw your comment - running is for a race in May - have to do 13.1 miles (gulp). I haven't been blogging as much and haven't been to your blog in ages. No, won't compete in the open but may try the workouts at the gym. It sounds like you are competing. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you competing in the open? That is really, really cool, wether you are or not, that you did the workout and you did so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm competing in the Open for the second time! It actually starts next week. These two workouts the last two days are from the Open last year. Our coach is just getting us "in the mood" for the Open I suppose. :)

      You competing? You should!!

      Delete
    2. I think that would be a little ambitious for me right now haha, I have yet to RX a workout in my short 4 months at crossfit. But maybe next year! I think thats AWESOME that you're doing the open and I am really interested in hearing what it's like for you. Know that I'll be rooting for you!

      Delete