Tuesday, February 21, 2012

3 Rounds for time of:

15 Right arm dumbbell squat snatches (Men 35 lb dumbbell, Women 20 lb dumbbell)
15 Left arm dumbbell squat snatches
30 Burpees

Breck set a 20 min time limit and I timed out. So, in the interest of not calling it a DNF, I'm calling in a 20 min AMRAP.

My rounds/reps: 2 rounds + 17 burpees, scaled to 10#

This was a super tough workout. My hips were killing me on the squat snatches, plus something about that one arm in a full squat is just completely awkward for me. I guess maybe a balance and flexibility issue combined. Anyway. I scaled to keep my squats looking/feeling like they should. And of course, my old friend the burpee, always slows me down. I tried like hell to set a steady pace on them but it just wasn't fast enough.

Strength today was Hang Power Clean. This is one of my favorites. If I had been aware in my mind of what my PR is, I would've gone higher to try and set a new PR, but I couldn't remember. So, I tied with my old PR. I'll take it. ;)

Hang Power Clean:

Warm up sets:
5 @ 55, 3 @ 65

Work sets
2 each @ 70, 75, 85, 95, 100

No comments:

Post a Comment