Monday, February 20, 2012

Ugh!

As many reps as possible in 6 minutes of:


21-15-9
Kettlebell swings (Men 70 lbs, Women 55 lbs)
Thrusters (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)

In this workout you will try to make it as far as you can in the 6 minute limit. If you make it all the way through 21-15-9 then you start over at the 21’s and continue as far as you can.


My total reps: 61 - scaled KB to 45 lbs


A few more reps than the first time we did this, but I scaled this time so there's that. I realize I have issues with the thruster. I can kettlebell all day long, but the thrusters eat me up. I also realize it's my breathing. I need to take a bar and just practice thrusters, focusing on the breathing. I shouldn't get so completely winded with 65 lb thrusters.


Plus, I'm paying for a weekend of food, drink and fun. I have to stop that! Haha. We had friends in from Houston from Wednesday night through this morning. We had a great time and a few too many bloody mary's, I'm certain. But starting this morning it's 100% primal for the next 6 weeks, since the open starts Wednesday.

Our strength WOD today was Back Squats. I got to lift with Samantha since I went to the 4:30 pm class. I much prefer 5 am, by the way.

Back Squats:


warm up sets:
5 @ 85
3 @ 115

Work sets
10 x 3 @ 165 lbs = yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment