Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Variety.

Guess this goes along with the "constantly varied" theme today.

With a 20 minute time limit:

1 Strict pull-up (No kipping)
1 Push-up (Hands come off the floor at the bottom of the push-up)
1 Military ab mat sit-up (Hands interlaced behind the head with feet unanchored)

Add one rep to each exercise after each round completed.

My rounds: 11 + 5 pull ups
only 3 rounds strict pull ups, kipping for remainder


This was a bit tougher than it sounded, and oddly enough it was the sit-ups that seemed to slow me down. Not sure why. Anyway, my pullups felt pretty good today. Although it's obvious that I need to improve on strict pull ups.

Today in the warm up we worked on:

Rope climbs - I need to try and get enthused about this one. I'm just not, for some reason.

Muscle ups (progressions)
- I just worked on ring dips, which is an important prerequisite. I'm getting a little bit better at ring dips, but far from full range of motion.

Hand Stand Push Ups
- I'm getting really a lot deeper on these and feeling stronger. I need to commit some time at home to working on these if I want to get one by the end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment