Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Cindy"

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:

5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

My rounds: 10 + 5 plu

Not a PR, but a decent workout still. All my pullups felt good, and although 5 pull ups in a row isn't a big deal to a lot of people, I did all sets of 5. See, sometimes I have to break up sets of 5 into 3 and 2. Uh yeah....so, having all my pullups "unbroken" was a big deal for me. And oddly enough it was the "easy" part of the WOD for me. For some reason the push ups just eat me up lately. We did some (72) on Monday and I was sore from that already. But what I noticed today was that my hips kept dropping, which means I need to tighten my core more. So, I concentrated on trying to do that after I noticed it. Definitely need work on my push up form. I guess everything is a work in progress.

In the warm up we worked on snatches, just with the bar. Not my favorite lift, but I'm getting better at the technique/form. The few snatch balances we did were horrible and ugly and painful. I do not like those at all!

We also ran a mile in the warm up and about the half way point I got that damn cramp in my right calf again. I swear...it's always something! I think I have figured out the problem, however. When I bought new running shoes, I neglected to put my orthotic inserts into them, and they are still sitting in the old running shoes. Smart, huh? I'll slip them in there tomorrow morning and hope it makes a difference.

All in all, a good morning. It's always a good morning with CrossFit!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Cindy, my absolute favourite!

    I also like to keep track of PRs based on unbroken sets. A lot of times, I write down the round I got to where I was still doing unbroken sets. For me, it's the push-ups that nail me. I think I made it to nine rounds with all my push-ups unbroken, and then the rest were all split up. Getting all your pull-ups unbroken is great!

    ReplyDelete