Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lots of Work!

When I pulled up the WOD on my phone this morning, I hoped it was just a nightmare. That many burpees is never a good sign for me. But...I went and got them done! It just took me a while...

WOD:

10, 25 & 40 rep rounds for time of:
Burpees
Pull-ups

My time: 22:06

This morning's warm-up was a workout in itself, but I really didn't mind it. I need to run. I need to run more often, and I need to run faster. I wasn't fast today, but I did feel good while I was running, and enjoyed the morning air. I guess that's the one good thing about the seasons changing - the weather will be nice after work so I can get out and do some extra running.

warm up:
run 1 mile - my time: 10:23
row 2K - my time: 9:59

****

I've been trying to find more CF women in my age group for reference on where I might rank on my WOD times, loads, etc. I know it's not all about comparing myself to others, and I have my own set of personal goals, but I think it's the nature of CrossFitters everywhere to want to see where we rank - it's just part of the competitive spirit we all share. At CFJ, to my knowledge, there are not a lot of females in my age group. At least none that are posting times/loads on a regular basis. So, I'm on a quest to find other women my age who either blog about their CF experiences or post to a website regularly. If you know of someone, please point me in their direction. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment