Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bombs Away!

♫ Well I guess I'm back in love again, hey now, and around we go. ♫
~ Bombs Away by The Grateful Dead


So, yeah. I am back in love with CrossFit...again. I go through these peaks and valleys where I get disgusted with myself, thinking I'm too slow or waiting impatiently for an injury to heal, and then suddenly a week of WOD's come along that I just love, and it gets me excited about CF all over again, and I just love, love, love the feeling I get when I am finished with a WOD or a set of lifts. I know. I'm a geek. But I love Crossfit. You know you do too!!!

WOD

21-18-15-12-9-6 and 3 rep rounds of:
Sumo deadlift high-pull (Men 75 lbs, Women 55 lbs)
Push jerk (Men 75 lbs, Women 55 lbs)

My time: 11:13, Rx

SDHP's felt good. I was slow on them for some reason. I usually just tear right through them, but I guess I was mentally trying to pace myself. And I was trying to be ultra-conscious of not bending my arms early. I gave 100% effort and I'm proud of my time!

*******

Strength Component today was Split Jerk - one of my faves, and I managed to hit a new PR. Yay!!

1 ea @
85
95
105
115
125
130
135 (PR!)
140 (failed attempt)

2 comments: