Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Yay - Deadlifts!!

As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:

7 Deadlifts (Men 250 lbs, Women 165 lbs)
14 Push-ups
21 Double unders

My rounds: 3 + 7 DL & 8 PU

Deadlifts felt a bit heavy during the warm up but once I got to the workout they felt great. That was the only part the WOD that was unbroken for me - 4 sets of deadlifts. Seems like it's been a while since I've done any substantial deadlifts.

The warm-up today included 3 minutes of singles and 2 minutes of double-unders, with a 3 toes-to-bar pentalty for any "misses" during the singles. Well I thought that meant legitimate misses, not rest stops. Ha ha. I didn't count my rest stops, an only had one legit miss, so I just did 6 toes-to-bar. I know...I'm a total slacker.

Then we did an 800m "sprint" for the CF Levels testing. Just to be clear here, I don't sprint unless it's like maybe 50 m, maybe 100 or 200m, but 800?! Uh, no. I honestly felt like I was pushing myself to run fast, but still I was slow as death: 4:33 - yuck! I guess that's "room for improvement".

Anyway, I'm happy I got to do some decent deadlifts today. Good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment