Thursday, September 23, 2010

“DT”

5 rounds for time of:
12 Deadlifts (Men 155 lbs, Women 100 lbs)
9 Hang power cleans, (Men 155 lbs, Women 100 lbs)
6 Push jerks, (Men 155 lbs, Women 100 lbs)

My time: 18:10 - scaled to 85 lbs

Compare to 4/8/10: 13:07 @ 85 lbs

Well, some days are great and some days are good. Today was good. Just not great.

I started the workout with 100 lbs as prescribed. I got through 4 of the hang power cleans and decided I'd never make a 25 minute cut-off that was set for the wod. And, like Breck said, if you go over 25 minutes on this one it just becomes a strength workout - you lose the intensity. And I needed the intensity. So, I stopped and dropped weight. Cost me a little time, but not five full minutes. Holy cow!

Not sure what the deal was, but everything felt heavy today. I mean, 85 lb deadlifts should not feel heavy at all, and for sure an 85 lb jerk is not heavy. I think I'll blame it on poor nutrition last weekend. I'm still feeling the effects of that. Is that possible? Hmm...Well that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Tomorrow I'll be back for more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment