Friday, September 3, 2010

What a Great Morning!

I took the day off work today and slept until almost 9 am. What a great way to start the day! We have had a change in our weather and it's a lot cooler than I prefer, but I'm not complaining - there's plenty of sunshine, and I'll get plenty of pool time in the next 4 days.

After sleeping in, I went to the 9:30 am class. The few times I've done this, I've always enjoyed it. It is always nice to put faces with names and the best part is seeing all those cute little kids in the daycare. You CF Jenks couples sure do make pretty babies!!

WOD:

For time:

Run 800 meters
20 One arm dumbbell power snatches, alternating arms (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 25 lb dumbbells)
20 Dumbbell squat cleans (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 25 lb dumbbells)
100 Sit-ups
20 Dumbbell squat cleans (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 25 lb dumbbells)
20 One arm dumbbell power snatches, alternating arms (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 25 lb dumbbells)
Run 800 meters

My time: 30:12, as Rx'd

I really liked this workout, despite being abysmally slow. Some days I'm just slow, and that's the way it is. I know I'm strong, I can do whatever comes along weight wise, but it's going to take me a while and I'm ok with that. I can get faster, and I know I'm faster than I was a few years ago, so I'm not just resigned to being slow forever. Just acknowledging my weakness. ;)

Strength Component today was Dumbbell Snatch
1 ea arm @ 25, 30, 35, 40, 45

(not sure if this is a PR or not...I know we've done them before but I'm too lazy to go look it up right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment