Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Best Days...

are the days when I feel like giving up, but I don't! I love knowing I pushed myself to do something that seemed almost impossible at the start. I love that there is a part of me that refuses to take a DNF.

Today's WOD:

5 Rounds for time of:

15 Dumbbell push press (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 25 lb dumbbells)
50 Double unders

My time: 23:52 Rx

Fear and dread...that's what I feel when I see double unders posted in a WOD. This morning, a few new pointers from Breck seemed plausible and helpful, but somewhere between my brain and my body they got lost in translation. Well, most of it anyway. I actually managed to string together a set of 10 double unders in the third round, which I'm sure is some kind of world record. *snicker*

I had several sets of 5, and a lot of one-at-a-time double unders, but they all added up to 250! I was briefly tempted to just go to singles, or to scale down and only do 25 per round, but I am never going to get better if I just keep babying myself like that, so pushing through to the end was something I just had to do. I feel victorious today! Yay!!

1 comment:

  1. 10 double-unders is nothing at which one ought to sneeze. That's a great record!

    ReplyDelete