Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Front Squats

21-15 & 9 rep rounds for time of:

Front Squat (Men 135 lbs, Women 85 lbs)
Toes to bar

My time: 11:15 Rx

This was a fun workout. I haven't done much with front squats before, don't recall having them in a workout very often either. I was surprised by how winded I got on the toes to bar, but I kept moving as much as possible, and made sure all my squats were deep, and my toes touched the bar on every rep. All in all I felt good about my time.

Strength Component today was front squats. Again, I haven't had much experience with them, so I didn't have a great idea of where to start. In hindsight, I could have probably gone to 115 or 120 today. But, here's what I did:

5 @ 65
3 @ 85
2 @ 95
3 x 5 @ 105

I'll look forward to doing these again to see if I can increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment