Monday, September 13, 2010

How many box jumps?!

Yikes! That's a lot of box jumps.

3 Rounds for time of:

400 Meter run
50 Box Jumps (Men 24″ box, Women 20″ box)

My time: 19:00 Rx

Box jumps are not one of my favorite elements, but I did okay. I stopped for a short 'three deep breaths' at 25 jumps on each round, but other than that I kept a steady pace and managed to get in just under the 20 minute time limit that Breck set for this WOD. I had three jumps where I fell/tripped. Those are so unnerving, but I just had to suck it up and keep going or I wouldn't have made the cut off time.

Strength Component today was back squats:

5 @ 85
5 @ 105
5 @ 125
10 @ 135
10 @ 135
10 @ 135

I love back squats! And whatever was going on with my back a few weeks ago, it's feeling much better now. I'm concentrating on maintaining good form/posture when racking the weights and not having any pain. So...yay!

****
I'm scoping out CF affiliates in Knoxville, TN today. I'll be in Knoxville at the end of the week visiting a friend and would like to drop in for a WOD. I'm hoping to get my friend to try it as well. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment