Wednesday, September 15, 2010

“Little C”

As many rounds as possible in 17 minutes of:

50 Meter run
3 Squat clean & jerk (Men 135 lbs, Women 85 lbs)
4 Burpees

My rounds: 9 "Rx" - uh, not so fast there missy...

I was super excited that I got 9 rounds today, compared to 8 rounds in March when we first did this WOD. Yay me! I improved! Or not.

I went through the whole workout doing squat cleans, but not one jerk! Why? Oh, I don't know. Perhaps because I'm getting old and forgetful? Because we did squat cleans for our strength component today? Because I saw other people just doing squat cleans? How did I get it in my head that we were doing just squat cleans?? WTF?

I couldn't begin to tell you why I did the wrong thing, and how disappointed I am that I didn't really improve by one round. Bummer. But what are ya gonna do, eh?

I'm gonna take four days off and go have fun with some friends in Knoxville. That's what!

****EDIT**** OK, Breck clarified that he did write "squat cleans" on the white board. I don't feel quite so senile now. Whew!:-)

Strength Component today was squat cleans:

5 @ 65
3 @ 75
2 @ 85
1 @ 95
1 @ 105
1 @ 115

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I've been "lurking" on your blog a while.
    (Sorry, I'm addicted to Crossfitter's blogs)
    I just wanted you to know that I think your effort yesteray was great.
    So you made a mistake, and missed the jerks. but Squat cleaning that much weight is still nothing to sneeze at. You'll do better next time.
    Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete