Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Yay! Dead lifts!

I did not want to get up  this morning.  My flannel sheets were warm.  The house was cold.  I could hear rain falling on the skylight in the bathroom.  I was so comfy, and I really feel like I'm coming down with something.  A cold, maybe just allergies. All day in bed sounded pretty nice right about 4:30.  But, I laid there and talked myself into getting out of bed.  I'm glad I did - our strength component included dead lifts and it's been a while since we've worked on them. 

Dead Lifts: 
warm up sets:  5 @ 85, 5 @ 105, 5 @ 125
work sets:  5 x 10 @ 155

In between sets I worked ring dips.  I did sets of 3 and actually had a few good ones!  Yay!

I had to modify today's WOD, since I'm still not jumping. (Two more weeks, perhaps). 

5 Rounds for time of:
15 Dumbbell push press (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 25 lb dumbbells)
50 Double unders    Row 1 minute

My time:  9:56

DB PP felt pretty decent, as long as I didn't try to over extend my left calf muscle, i.e., dipping too much.  I did that a few times and sure felt it!  Ouch!!  I'll be glad when this is healed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment