Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Isabel

Ah, Isabel.  Laying in my bed this morning, it was tough to think of actually making it through this one, as sore as I am.  Let's review:  hips and glutes sore from kettlebell swings; quads sore from squats; traps, lats, just about every muscle in my ribcage sore from pull ups.  The only thing not sore is my abs.  So, squat snatches sounded awful today. But, as usual, the warm up  loosened me up and I was ready to go!

“Isabel”
For time:
30 Squat snatches (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)

My time:  7:43, scaled to 75#    This is a PR for me by 2:46!!

Next time I will go with a heavier weight.  My strategy was to just keep a steady pace the entire time and not get overly excited on the first ten reps like I normally do.  It worked out great. 

Strength today was also Squat Snatch

1 ea @ 55-60-65-70-75-80-85(f)-75-75-75

No comments:

Post a Comment