Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oops...almost forgot!

Totally forgot to blog about my workout today.  Although, I doubt anyone was hanging on the edge of their seat, refreshing their screen, dying to know how my workout was. 

My hands were sore and red until about noon from all the pull-ups we did this morning.  Throw in rowing from today, more rowing from yesterday.  Yeah....tender hands.  But no rips or tears.   I love my gloves!

WOD

For time:
21 Pull-ups
21 Handstand Push-ups
18 Pull-ups
18 Handstand Push-ups
15 Pull-ups
15 Handstand Push-ups
12 Pull-ups
12 Handstand Push-ups
9 Pull-ups
9 Handstand Push-ups
6 Pull-ups
6 Handstand Push-ups
3 Pull-ups
3 Handstand Push-ups

Handstand push-ups are “nose to floor” and pull-ups are “strict” or non-kipping. (Uh, yeah...maybe in some parallel universe, where I'm totally awesome.)

My time:  20:31

Of course, I did kipping pull ups, and used two abmats for my handstand pushups.  I'm good for about one or two strict pull ups and that's it.  Maybe just one these days. 

But my friend, B is a whole other story!  I look across the bar as I'm flailing around like a dying bird, and I'm pretty sure she's levitating and just resting her hands on the bar, to make it look like pull ups.  Yeah, she's making strict pull ups look entirely effortless and almost magical.  She's not even breathing or sweating!  Amazing.

The warm up today was 10 sets of 30 seconds rowing, 30 seconds rest, for meters.  I managed 1250m.  I wasn't going all out, obviously.  I'm so sick of rowing right now.  Ugh!

The other part of the warm up was 10 sets of wall squats, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off.  I managed 125 of these bad boys.  So between these and my soreness from kettlebell swings yesterday, I should be virtually crippled by tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment