Monday, April 8, 2013

The End of The Open

So, it's finally over with, and I manged to come out a little better than I had hoped.  Of the 1255 women who signed up in my age group I came out #229.   I was hoping for top 25% and ended up at 18.5%, so I'm pleasantly surprised!

I must have been celebrating in my sleep, because I woke up this morning, after two rest days, way too many aches and pains.  Tennis elbow (ongoing), upper back still sore from last week's WODs (how is that possible?), and some unexplained soreness in my hips.  Although if I think hard enough, I can probably justify the hips.  Ha ha.

Anyway, nothing makes those aches and pains go away like a good workout, so off the CFJ for my daily dose of exercise.

3 Rounds for time of:

400 Meter run
21 Power snatches (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)

My time:  16:51, mod

I'm still not released for running yet, so I modified by doing 500m rows instead of the running.  I did the Rx weight on the lift, after doing fine in the strength.  I have been hesitant to do a lot of repetitive jumping on my leg until I get the okay, but it feels fine now.  Just minimal soreness.  

Strength today was snatch balance and then squat snatch

snatch bal:  5 x 5 @ 35-40-45-45-50
squat snatch:  1 ea @ 55-60-65-70-75


No comments:

Post a Comment