Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sweet! A new PR!

I haven't set a PR on Back Squats in a long, long time.  As a matter of fact, last time I PR'd on back squat was October, 2010.  That's too long!  Today we had an opportunity to max out and see if the recent squatting program has helped us gain strength.  I didn't even fully participate in the program and it helped me!  My previous PR was 200 lbs, so I was going to go for just 205, but figured, what the heck, I'll go for 210 - and I made it!

Back Squats:
warm up sets:  5-3-2-1-1 @ 85-105-125-135-155
work sets:  1-1-1 @ 175-195-210 (pr)

Then the WOD...

For time:

21 Burpees
18 Push jerk (Men 115 lbs, Women 75 lbs)
15 Handstand push-ups
15 Burpees
12 Push jerk
9 Handstand push-ups
9 Burpees
6 Push jerk
3 Handstand push-ups

My time:  12:31, 2 abmats for HSPU

My first 10 burpees, I felt lighter than air, and then it was like someone dropped a rock on my lungs!  I just suck at cardio.  Anyway, I powered through.  The push jerks weren't too bad.  I split them up a little, but nothing horrible.  HSPU were awful, even with two abmats.  I need to devote more time/energy to these, but seems like there is always some other skill or element to work on.

My leg is feeling pretty good with a little bit of jumping and putting some weight on it.  I'm hoping to be released to start running again next week- I need to run!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete