Friday, April 19, 2013

TGIF!

What a week!  CrossFit has been pretty awesome and I'm sore all over.  CrossFit has been the best part of my week.  But work...oh, work - it's been ridiculous.  I'm repeatedly amazed at highly educated people who seem completely stupid some days.  I don't understand how they managed to get a degree in anything. 

The grand finale at work was a water leak last night about three feet from our server.  Yikes! 

But all is well, in the end.  Water leak is fixed, no damage to anything.  It's Friday, and I get a couple days to relax.  And, best of all, tomorrow is the very first ever Tulsa Craft Beer Festival! Just what I need!

WOD

3 Rounds for time of:

21 Deadlifts (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
15 Hang power cleans
9 Thrusters

My time:  11:49, w/75#


My initial thought was "scale to 75".  Then I let myself think I could go 95, so I loaded up the extra 20# at the last second.  I made it through about 5 cleans and since I was starting to do split cleans, I figured I'd never get done, so I dropped the 20# right back off.   And I was so thankful I did, because even at 75#, the thrusters felt awful!!  Had I gone 95# I would still be there, staring at the bar right now. 


Strength today was squat clean & jerk.  I do love squat cleans!! 

1 ea @ 55-65-70-75-80-85-95-105-115-125

TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment