Friday, July 6, 2012

TGIF!

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

250 Meter row
20 Overhead walking lunge steps (Men 45 lb plate, Women 35 lb plate)
15 Lateral jumps over plate
10 Ground to overhead with plate
5 Shuttle runs with plate, forward then backward (30’ each)

My rounds:  3 + 5 ground to overhead, as Rx

This was a fun workout.  That 35 lb plate was a challenge after being accustomed to 25 for this type of workout.  I rested just a bit too much.  I could've made it to four rounds if I'd pushed just a little bit harder.  Still proud that I got this far!

Strength today was 5 sets of 3 backsquats, alternating with 5 HSPU every minute.  I went with 135# on the back squat, and was using 2 abmats for the HSPU.  I decided to try going all the way to the ground and kipping out.  And guess what?  I DID IT!  Not just once but 5 in a row.  I'm ready to go back and practice some more so I can finally do away with the abmat. 

Great way to start the weekend, feeling strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment