Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Airforce WOD

For time:

20 Thrusters (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
20 Sumo Deadlift High Pull (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
20 Push Jerks (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
20 Overhead Squats (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
20 Front Squats (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)

With 4 Burpees on the minute every minute.

Post time to responses.

My time:  12:53, scaled to 55#

Ay yi, yi!  Torture.  Pure torture.  This should be called The Guantanamo Bay WOD because it is nothing but absolute torture.  The CIA should make terror suspects do this WOD and they would rat out every single terrorist on the planet!!  See?  CrossFit can solve just about anything! 

So, um, I scaled.  No shame here today, honestly.  I'm at one of those low points where I'm just not loving CF at the moment, and anything I can do to make myself feel successful and re-inspired, I'm going to do it. 

On my way home from the gym, some lyrics from a Patty Griffin song popped into my head.  The song, Nobody's Cryin'.  The lyrics, "I love you but I don't even know why".   And, although it's kind of a sad love song that has nothing to do with CrossFit, that line was so fitting.  That's where I am with CrossFit right now, I still love it, but I don't even know why sometimes.

Anyway, feeling defeated would do me no good at this point.  So I scaled, and got through it,  and now after some good recovery food and a couple hours, I feel great!  And I'll be back for more!

Today's strength:
Squat Snatch into two overhead squats, alternating with 5 pull ups. (I went to 3 plu after 2 rds)
my loads:  45-55-60-65-70




No comments:

Post a Comment