Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cruel WOD

3 Rounds for time of:
3 Bear crawls (150′ each)
15 Dumbbell hang squat cleans (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 30 lb dumbbells)

My time:  24:49, scaled to 20lb db's

Okay, this was just beyond cruel. I have blisters on my palms.  And my hips are just all out of whack.  We humans were not designed to walk like this.  There are many reasons we walk upright, foremost amongst them being that one's ass should never be sticking up in the air in this manner, unless it's in the privacy of one's own bedroom, with company of one's own choosing.

Seriously, check this out.  There was a special on NOVA a while back about this freakish family in Turkey that walks on all-fours.  It's not natural or normal!  Or, as we say in Oklahoma, "that just ain't right!"

See!?!?  You can look at their faces and know they're not all there ! Notice in the second pic they have shoes on their hands.  Uh...okay.  This is what I think of every single time we have to do Bear Crawls.  Think of this next time you do bear crawls, and try not to laugh. 



I'm pretty sure this is what we all looked like today at CrossFit Jenks.  Minus the colorful winter garb.  I saw several faces that looked just like those in the second picture - tortured and deranged!

No comments:

Post a Comment