Monday, July 30, 2012

"I think I'll mix a drink!"

I uttered those words yesterday sometime around 1:30 p.m.  I thought lemonade sounded great so I made some lemonade in one of those large Tervis Tumblers.  Yum.  Then I decided it might be really, really good with some Cruzan Guava rum mixed in.  Guess what?  It was delicious!   I grabbed my new concoction (made one for the hubster too) and headed for the pool.

For the second round I decided to put less sweetener in the lemonade and more rum.  What the heck.  This one was even better! Somewhere in the middle of this second drink, I decided the rum was way too strong and perhaps I had better switch to beer, so as to not get drunk because "I've got CrossFit tomorrow morning!"  You know what this is called?  Drunk logic.   Yes, boys and girls, drunk logic is the equivalent of no logic at all.  So, in that vein, I proceeded to drink countless beers, having taken complete leave of my senses. 

I vaguely recall eating dinner.  I have no recollection of cleaning up the dishes, or for that matter getting dressed after getting out of the pool.  Guava rum packs quite a punch.  Ouch!  Somewhere around 7:25 p.m. I decided it was bed time.  Yes, while the sun was still shining. 

I woke up somewhere around midnight unable to sleep any longer, very thirsty and decided to hydrate, right then.  I spent the next 3 hours making trips to the bathroom to relieve myself of said hydration.  I'm winning all kinds of awards for being brilliant here.  Thankfully I slept a little more before the rude awakening of the 4:30 alarm clock.

At 4:30, I got up and went to CrossFit. (If you're gonna play, you've gotta pay!) I felt like I was still drunk.  It took every ounce of strength I had not to throw up during the workout.  I managed to get through it, and was kind of laughing at myself for being such a rookie.  It's taking me a while to realize I'm not in my 20's anymore.  Heck I'm barely even in my 40's anymore!  Anyway, all's well that ends well, but I think I'll make a point to not ever drink anything stronger than straight lemonade the day before a workout again.  Lesson learned!

WOD

3 Rounds for time of:
10 Overhead squats (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
10 Sumo Deadlift High Pull
10 Thrusters

My time:  11:42, Rx


Strength today was 5 sets, 3 OHS with 2 second hold at bottom

Should go without saying, but I went light. 
55-65-75-85-90

No comments:

Post a Comment