Monday, May 2, 2011

Wendler?

We started a new thing today, I think it's called Wendler something like that...anyway, it's just a different rep scheme for different lifts where you use smaller percentages of your 1RM to gain strength over time. We did shoulder press today.

So I think my 1RM shoulder press is 85

5 @ 35 lbs (40%)
5 @ 40 lbs (ok...I forgot the percentages on these...geez)
3 @ 45
5 @ 50
5 @ 55
5 @ 60

And then we did some gymnastics stuff -pull ups, dips, hspu

And then the WOD

3 Rounds for time of:

15 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
30 Push-ups (Hands released at the bottom)

My time: 10:12 Rx

Slow as death. I'm sure my drunken binge in Eureka Springs didn't help me this morning. After my impending birthday celebration this weekend, I'm gonna have to be on the wagon for a while. Whew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment