Thursday, May 5, 2011

Suck it up!!

Ok, so I had a bad attitude this morning. Thought I was trying to conceal it, but Brad called me out on it twice. Thanks Brad. ;)

I went through the Wendler bench press session and that kind of helped me wake up a bit, but I still wasn't feeling it. Just tired. Truthfully, burned out.

Anyway, Breck gave the option of scaling the workout to something like 25-20-15 if we didn't think we could complete the WOD in 20 minutes. And I was seriously considering it as he started the clock.

I whipped through the first 30 kettle bell swings in pretty good time, and then came the box jumps, and my negative internal voice telling me, "Scale to 20 box jumps and 10 pull ups". And no sooner than I thought it, I realized how absurd it was. I had no reason to scale. I am quite capable of doing this workout in under 20 minutes, even as slow as I am on box jumps.

Mid-way through the second round, an old favorite Beasty Boys song came on and I was all smiles and felt more energetic. It didn't help me go any faster, but it was just enough of a kick to get me through the WOD in under 20 minutes. So, this morning was a victory for me. A victory over negative attitudes and self doubt. Yay!!

WOD:
3 Rounds for time of:
30Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
25 Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)
20 Pull-ups

My time: 18:01 Rx

Wendeler bench press, based on 1RM of 100 lbs
5 @ 35, 5 @ 45, 3 @ 55
5 @ 65, 5 @ 70, 11 @ 75

No comments:

Post a Comment