Wednesday, May 25, 2011

“DT”

5 rounds for time of:

12 Deadlifts (Men 155 lbs, Women 100 lbs)
9 Hang power cleans, (Men 155 lbs, Women 100 lbs)
6 Push jerks, (Men 155 lbs, Women 100 lbs)

My time: 14:34, 85#

Looking back at my notes for the last time we did this (9/23/09) I am glad I scaled from the beginning. Last time I tried RX and made 4 reps and had to drop weight, costing me time. Anyway, all the lifts felt pretty good today, although I noticed a few form issues with the hang power cleans. I'd much rather do a clean from the floor. I'd much rather do a squat clean. But that's just a preference...I don't get to write the WOD's. ;)

Tried to avoid the hook grip because I'm wanting to get over this tendonitis in my thumbs. But mid way through the WOD I had to use it. There was just no way of getting through it without using the hook grip.

Stength today was clean and jerk, or really more "your choice" of ground to overhead....squat clean, push press, power clean, push jerk...whatev. I chose squat cleans and push jerk.

rep scheme: 1-1-1-1-1
my loads: 65-75-85-95-100

No comments:

Post a Comment