Friday, May 27, 2011

TGIF!

Finally made it through to Friday! I am so in need of an extra rest day. I'm looking forward to just relaxing this long weekend with my husband out by the pool. It's been way too long!

WOD:

As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:

5 Handstand push-ups
10 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
15 Box jumps (Men 24” box, Women 20” box)

My rounds: 5 + 8 KBS, everything Rx except HSPU not full depth

Strength today was Wendler Back Squats (deloading week)
5 @ 70
5 @ 90
5 @ 110

And we did the 400-200-400-200-400 running thing. I left my paper at the gym with my times on it. I think my final time was 12:08. So, minus 4 minutes of rest puts my time at 8:08. Slow. Slow. Slow. I'm having some pain in my right ankle, the last few times I've run. I really think it's time for some new running shoes or new orthotics, because I can feel it - it's just an over-pronation issue.

**************
Recipe time!!

I just finished off my last "mini breakfast quiche" for the week. I made them on Sunday and brought them to work for my breakfast all week long. Super easy and delicious! If you are paleo and don't do dairy, I'm sure you could modify them to exclude the cheese and cream. Perhaps add a couple more eggs.

Here's what they look like:


Mini Breakfast Quiche

6 Jumbo Eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
4 oz Irish Cheddar, shredded (by weight)
1/2 carton sliced button mushrooms (think the cartons are 8 oz)
2 cups raw spinach, chopped
6 slices hormel uncured bacon
1/2 c diced white onion

Preheat oven to 325° Grease a regular size 12-muffin tin and set aside.

Cook bacon in skillet until crispy. Cool and crumble bacon into bits. In 1Tbsp of the bacon grease, saute onions, mushrooms and spinach. Drain off any excess liquid after veggies are tender. Mix veggies and bacon together in large bowl and allow to cool slightly. Add shredded cheese and toss to mix. Divide mixture evenly among muffin tins.

Mix eggs & cream and blend well. Add to muffin cups on top of veggie mixture. Cups will be about 2/3 full.

Bake for 17-18 minutes. Cool and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

Two quiches are plenty for a filling breakfast. Just reheat in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds and enjoy!

Each quiche approx:
125 calories
9 g fat
1.5 g Carb
8.5 g protein


No comments:

Post a Comment