Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Love Kettlebells!

I was happy when I saw the posted WOD. I love kettlebells and never mind seeing them show up in a workout.

As many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:

200 Meter run
20 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
10 Dumbbell push press (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 30 lb dumbbells)

My round: 4 even, Rx

Strength this morning was Deadlifts, Wendler method

warm up sets:
5 @ 85
5 @ 105
3 @ 125

work sets:
5 @ 160
3 @ 180
10 @ 200


All lifts felt solid, form felt good. Legs felt like jell-o after that last set! Woooo!!! It's nice to lift heavy and not be scared of it anymore. Still, I don't want to get carried away. As much as I'm not really loving this Wendler program, I think it's just what I need.



2 comments:

  1. Hey, you're back to the heavy lifting and sounds like your back is cooperating! Yeay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, we're looking at doing some strength bias for a few weeks at our gym -- so I'm wondering your likes/dislikes of the 5/3/1 so far? Holler back at my by email or Facebook, since I'm a spaz and might not check back here for comments. Or write a post! Even better. :)

    ReplyDelete