Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Shoulders...

Just about everything we did today involved shoulders. Thankfully my shoulders have been feeling great lately, and althought I am slow (that never seems to change), I enjoyed the workout and the warmup, and felt good about my form on the push jerks, and the overhead squats.

WOD:

As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:

4 Handstand push ups
5 Burpees
6 Push jerk (Men 135 lbs, Women 85 lbs) (no racks; the push jerks start from the floor)

My score: 4 rounds + 2 burpees (66 reps total)
Rx weight on push jerk, MOD HSPU



Warm up:

First minute 1 pull up, 1 OHS (35 lb bar)
Second minute 2 pull ups, 2 OHS
etc., through 10 minutes.

I made it through 7 minutes doing both skills, and then went to just doing OHS on 8, 9 & 10.
Then Breck threw in a "bonus round" of 11 reps each. I did the OHS on that one too, so got in plenty of OHS today

Total OHS reps: 66
Total PLU reps: 28

******
Made my second batch of coconut flour blueberry muffins last night. OMG they are SO good. They only take about 20 minutes total from start to finish and they are delicious. I added a tiny bit extra coconut flour this time and the texture is perfect. I honestly cannot tell they don't have any traditional white flour in them. Next time I'll make lemon-poppyseed muffins. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment