Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Modifying or Scaling - it's all good!

So, apparently I'm falling apart this week. My right calf muscle is killing me from the "cramp" I had yesterday during the running part of the WOD. Perhaps I pulled a muscle? I don't know. What I do know is that by the time I got home yesterday evening it was pretty painful. I iced it for a while. I'm icing it now. It'll heal up in time. It's all good.

The issue with my back, well, I'm hoping a new mattress is in my future, perhaps as early as this weekend. We shall see.

In any case, today I was thankful for the ability to modify or scale the workout to suit my needs. The lift in the workout was not a pre-set weight, so I went with a comfortable 85 lbs after experimenting with heavier weights during the strength workout. I subbed rowing 1k's for the 800m runs. One more reason I love CrossFit - I can still train through an injury and get a decent workout.

WOD:
For time -
21 Power cleans
800 Meter run
15 Power cleans
800 Meter run
9 Power cleans

My time: 16:09 - W/ 85 lbs, and rowing 1k's instead of running

Strength component: Power Cleans
5 @ 65
3 @ 85
2 @105
1 @ 115 - two failed attempts, and back pain started up so I stopped here
1
1

No comments:

Post a Comment