Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back on the Wagon

I have been on vacation for the past 9 days. As I planned, I had several meals or dishes that were nowhere near Primal. My list of culinary indiscretions includes but was not limited to:

Cheeseburger & fries
Flour tortillas
Sandwich bread
Tater tots
Homemade Biscuits & Gravy (worth every bite!)
Chicago Dog, including a BUN
An "ice cream" treat that I'm certain I couldn't pronounce half the ingredients
Boneless Buffalo Wings with bbq sauce (breaded & fried)
Quiche with a real crust
Beer
Beer
and
More Beer

Actually, I include beer in my regular "Primal" diet, so don't really consider it off-plan, except for the extreme volume I managed to consume in 9 days time.

So, to get back on track, today I stocked up on veggies and meats. I made a batch of fresh salsa, and I'm marinating 6 lbs of fajita meat for dinner tonight and lunches this week. I finally experimented with coconut flour and made some Primal-legal blueberry muffins, sweetened with honey. Yum!!! The texture is just a tiny bit different, but definitely worth repeating.

And, since I managed to squeeze in five workouts on my vacation, I'm hoping I didn't do a whole lot of damage.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading all your posts over vacation. Vacation is fun and having a chance to eat garbage and drink copious amounts of beer is what makes life worth living. Maybe one day I'll get a real vacation.

    ReplyDelete