Thursday, August 26, 2010

“Berlyn”

9 Rounds for time of:

8 Shoulder Press (Men 115 lbs, Women 75 lbs)
26 Squats

My time: 25:01 w/65#

Started out with 75#, got in 4 reps and decided to scale down. What a tough workout, but it was actually kind of fun. I've never done that many shoulder presses in one day that I recall.

It was interesting to see where my failure point was each time on the presses. For the first few rounds, I could get in 4 or 5 reps without failing, as the time to do the squats was long enough to recover to that point. There was no getting the bar up when I reached full fatigue, no matter how hard I tried. All I could do was put it down and rest. So I had a lot of triples, doubles and singles in the later rounds.

Anyway, this was a good workout.

Strength this morning was Dead Lifts.
5 sets of 5
125
155
185

I stopped at 185 because I'm getting that low back pain again.

No comments:

Post a Comment