Friday, August 2, 2013

Yes I Did!!!

I climbed the 15' rope today - and I pushed that damn sled!!  Everything else for the rest of the day is just gravy!  :)

So we started out setting up all our equipment for the three WODs today, testing a few reps of everything.  That was our warm-up.

I was bound and determined I'd push that sled today.  Being outside on the pavement made it infinitely easier.

Our strength today was sled push, 3 rounds, 50'. 
Round 1 - pushed the sled (weighs about 110#)
Round 2 - added 35 #
Round 3 - added another 25#

I really thought it was fun pushing the sled.  Getting in the right position (low) is key, as well as just not stopping if at all possible.


WOD 1:

AMRAP in 7 minutes of:

2 Rope climbs
100’ Sled push

My reps:  2 rounds (I modified by doing only 1 rope climb per round)
I started to do the 10' rope on the pull up bar and then I looked over at the 15' and told myself, "It's time to gut up and DO IT!"  And so I did and I was happy for the rest of the hour no matter what else happened!!

rest 3 minutes

WOD 2:

AMRAP in 7 minutes of:
30 Squats
15 Toes to bar

My reps:  2 rounds + 12 squats

I was pretty wiped out from the first WOD, and couldn't manage to kip my ttb, but did the best I could.  My hands are still torn up from last week.

rest 3 minutes

WOD 3:

AMRAP in 7 minutes of:

7 Handstand push-ups
14 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs

My reps:  4 rounds + 2 HSPU

I used 2 abmats for hspu, and made sure my head touched every single time.  I'm so back and forth on these.  Some days I can barely hit 2 abmats.  Some days I can do ok with one and a thin plate.  I  guess it's one of those things that needs to start meaning something to me and I'll figure it out.  

That's it...my day was made after the first rope climb.  I'm just on cruise control until Happy Hour at this point!

TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment