Thursday, August 22, 2013

"Angie"

Well, I didn't really do the official "Angie" WOD, so I should probably use another title, but it's my blog and I'll do what I want.  Ha ha!  Seriously though, I had to  modify this today in the interest of my own sanity and self preservation.  I still painfully recall the last time we did this one, and my arms were useless for about two days!  And then for about two weeks afterward, I couldn't fully extend my arms.  I wanted to avoid that this time around.

For time:

100 Pull-ups
100 Push-ups
100 Sit-ups
100 Squats

I broke it up into four 7.5 minute segments for each exercise.  Here are my results:

pull ups: 52 at 7:30
push ups: 63 at 7:30
sit ups: 100 at 6:14
squats: 100 at at 4:21


In the end, I was 85 reps short of completing the whole WOD.   Pull ups felt okay but still super slow.  Push ups...oh torture - I tried so hard to have the best form possible and it really slowed me down. I'd rather have better form than to be flopping around like a snake, thinking I'm doing "good"push ups.  My sit ups were slower than they needed to be - I went unanchored today. 

Strength today was snatch balance.  Not one of my strong lifts.  This one scares me with bringing the bar back down to my back between reps.  I stuck with a light weight and tried to work on my form, and bringing the bar down carefully. 

5@55, then 3-2-2-1-1 @ 65

Ready for Fun Friday!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment