Friday, August 23, 2013

TGIF!

Finally Friday!  Woo hoo!!  

I made it through all 5 days at CrossFit, PLUS a run yesterday, and I'm planning on another run this weekend.  Feeling good, but I do need a day to sleep past 4:30 am. 

21-18-15-12-9-6 and 3 rep rounds of:

Sumo deadlift high-pull (Men 75 lbs, Women 55 lbs)
Push jerk (Men 75 lbs, Women 55 lbs)

If bar is dropped, there will be a 10 lateral jumps over barbell penalty before continuing.

My time:  13:54, Rx - and no penalties!

I'm pretty good a gauging how long a WOD will take me, and I decided I'd be pleased with anything under 15 minutes for this one.  After the first 21 SDHP, I had to mentally regroup, because I was thinking about scaling it to 21-15-9.  Ha ha!  Weak, I know.  Anyhow, I picked it back up and did the whole thing.  I have to add, I was slightly distracted at the start of the WOD and I fully blame Breck for taking his shirt off.  Sorry, but it's the truth - that kind of eye candy is too much for me at 5 am.  I think my time would've been a whole minute faster if it weren't for that. 

Our strength today was a dumbbell complex:  7 sets of  1 clean, 2 squats, 3 jerks

My loads:
12-15-20-25-30-35-40

Then I decided to do an extra set since I got ahead somehow.  I went for 45 and made all but the last rep.  My left arm failed on the third jerk.  I love dumbbells and this was a fun complex. 

TGIF y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment