Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How many pull ups?

3 Rounds for time of:

15 Back squats (Men bodyweight, Women 3/4 bodyweight)(no rack)
30 Pull-ups


My time:  13:48, modified

This thought of this WOD was not exactly enticing this morning at 4:30.  I had to force myself out of bed.  And I promised myself I was scaling.  But, I got there and got warmed up and did the Rx weight on the squats. I did jumping pull ups instead of kipping, since my hands are still tender being torn a week or so ago.  Oh, and I used the rack for the squats, but I got a damn good workout.  My legs are still shaky!

Strength was a complex of:  power clean, back squat, push jerk from the back

My loads:  55-65-75-80-85-90-95

I'm a little afraid of taking the bar from a clean to my back.  But I did just fine and could probably have gone heavier.  I just keep remembering the time I smashed my neck with 95# during The Bear and it sure leaves me a little nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment