Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Squat Snatch

Started off the morning with squat snatches, one every 2 minutes for 20 minutes, or if you were going light and working on form, 1 every minute for 20 minutes. I went light and worked on form, so I did 20 lifts at 55 lbs. Had about 3 that felt perfect. Such a technical lift, but when you nail it you know it!

Then, this cruel little WOD:

3 Rounds for total reps of:

Each round is exactly 5 minutes:

400 Meter run
30 Box jumps (Men 24″ box, Women 20″ box)
Max rep squat snatch (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)

Rest 1 minute between round

Score is total # of squat snatches.

My score: 13 Squat Snatches, using 55 lbs

On box jump #18 in round 2 I started doing step-ups rather than jumps because it's faster for me and I wanted to get the benefit of the lifts in, as well. This strategy worked for me, in that I was able to get a decent number of lifts each round. I would have had one more lift, but my very first one in the first round, I accidentally did a power snatch, and didn't squat it. Oh well, it was exercise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment