Thursday, June 9, 2011

Highs & Lows

One thing I've learned in 3+ years of CrossFit is that you're going to have highs and lows. Peaks & valleys That's just the way life is. Sometimes everything is just right. Nutrition, sleep, mindset are all great and working together and you feel strong and fast and you're setting PR's or at least feeling accomplished at the end of a WOD.

And then there are those times when you feel weak, you feel less than 100% mentally or physically, you had a setback with your nutrition, or you slept poorly, and you feel it for days in your workouts. It happens, and you just move on. Can't let it get you down.

Today was a valley for me. My shins and ankles are absolutely killing me from the double unders yesterday and running was pure torture. I was slower than last week on our running WOD, but I got through it. Bench press wasn't a big deal, really, but I only got 4 reps on my max set.

But the up side is, I know if I'm in a valley right now, there are peaks ahead!!

WOD:

3 Rounds for time of:
5 Muscle ups
10 Burpees
15 Kettlebell swings (Men 70 lbs, Women 45 lbs)

My time: 13:25, subbed 10 Plu & 10 Ring dips for muscle ups. Rx KB weight

Running WOD

400m 2:03
200m 0:55
400m 2:07
200m 0:53
400m 2:03

Total run time: 12:03

Wendler Bench Press

warm up sets:
5 @ 35
5 @ 45
3 @ 55

work sets
3 @ 70
3 @ 80
4 @ 90

1 comment: