Thursday, March 17, 2011

Scaling again!

3 Rounds for time of:

800 Meter run
30 Pull-ups

My time: 22:54, scaled to 20 PLU per round

Why did I scale? To keep the intensity level high. And it worked. I sort of kicked myself afterwards, just a tiny bit because my pull ups felt awesome today. I had a couple of sets of 8 that were nice. It seemed like 20 was not that big of a deal, and I probably could have done sets of 30, and still got in under the 30 minute mark. I think I'm finally figuring out how to breathe with pull ups and be able to keep going . I know, three years later, right? It takes me a while to figure things out, obviously! Anyway, I'm not upset that I scaled...just need to give myself more credit for what I can actually do.

Today's strength was Push Press:
Rep Scheme: 5-5-5-5-5
My loads: 55-65-75-80-95

I'll have to look in my "archives" but I think 5 reps at 95 might be a PR for me.

Taking a rest day tomorrow. But I will probably practice double unders for a while, to get ready for Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment