Friday, March 4, 2011

“Erin T.”

5 Rounds for time of:

11 Hang squat snatch (Men 75 lbs, Women 55 lbs)
11 Box jumps (Men 24″ box, Women 20″ box)
11 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)

My time: 17:09 Rx

TGIF!!

This is one of those tricky little workouts that you look at in print and think, "Oh this won't be so bad", and then it bites you in the ass! It was a total lung burner. Going from squat snatch right to box jumps was just miserable. I know, it's only 11 reps, right? That's what I was thinking and had to stop and gasp for air after like 5 box jumps. I was almost laughing about how really deceivingly tought this "simple" workout turned out to be. I had to remind myself a few times of Kristan Clever's words in an interview I saw recently: "You're not gonna die, just keep going"! So I kept going and finished under the 20 minute limit.

I'm sure I'm the slowest one today, but whatevs. I'm happy with my performance for the entire week!

Strength today was Hang Squat Snatch
Rep scheme: 3-3-3-3-3
My loads: 35-45-55-65-70

No comments:

Post a Comment