Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rowing

5 Rounds, each for time of:
500 Meter row
Rest 5 minutes between each round.

Post each 500 meter row time to responses.

My times:
1 – 2:10.7
2 – 2:09.8
3 – 2:12.1
4 – 2:13.3
5 – 2:11.7

This is one of my favorite workouts. It's tough, but fun. I'm disappointed in my times today. I've been dragging lately, and if I'm 100% honest with myself, it's all about my nutrition. I've had so many "events" and "nights out" where I made poor food choices and ate "just this one" thing that wasn't Primal, and I've made excuses to the point where I'm probably down around something like 60/40 instead of the 80/20 rule. But that party is over! Back to Primal Blueprint the way it's supposed to be done!

And...I'm going to participate in the CrossFit Open workouts. Not because I have any delusions of actually qualifying (even for the Masters) but because I need to challenge myself. It's time to gut up and really push myself and see what I'm made of when it comes right down to it. Three years of CrossFit has to have made me stronger somehow, even if it's only mentally.

So, I'll be foregoing the beers on Friday nights for those six weeks and getting up early on Saturday mornings to give it all I've got! I'll be having my beers on Saturday now. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Angie! So happy you are competing in the Open! I think it is great to push yourself and you will do awesome! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete