Thursday, February 25, 2010

Brutal!

This is workout #1 from the Midwest Sectionals.
("The Air Force Workout")

For time:

20 Thrusters (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
20 Sumo Deadlift High Pull (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
20 Push Jerks (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
20 Overhead Squats (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
20 Front Squats (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)

With 4 Burpees on the minute every minute

My time: 18:47 Rx

Notes:
This was one of the hardest workouts I've ever done! Worse than Kelly. Harder than Murph. Harder than Fran....well, harder than just about any of them, truly.

The first minute, we started out with 4 burpees, and went right into the thrusters. I managed 12 thrusters on the first minute. At minute two, Breck called out "four burpees", I did four burpees and had only 30 seconds to do 8 more thrusters. I managed 4...Breck called out 4 burpees...I did the burpees, got my 4 thrusters and went right into the sumo's and they seemed easy to me - I managed 5. After the sumo's it went sharply downhill. One round I did 4 burpees, and decided to just rest until the next minute and do the next 4 burpees! Ha ha!

BUT, I finished the workout, and I'm proud of my time, even as slow as it is - I was tempted to take a DNF, but I finished! Quitting is not an option.

Additional Notes (added 2/26): I have been out reading several affiliate blogs and reviewing peoples times and comments about this particular WOD. Two things of note, there was a 20 minute time limit on this WOD at the sectionals, which I made it in under that...so I'm proud of my effort and my time. And two, I'm slightly surprised how many DNF's I'm seeing on the different blogs - all age ranges, all fitness levels. This WOD is across the board, just a killer.

*****
The warm-up this morning was also tough. In addition to our usual warm up and some work with the bar, we did max reps in 2 minutes of each of these:

pull ups: 21
push ups: 25
military sit ups: 51
dips: 22

Tomorrows workout sounds equally bad-ass. TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment