Friday, May 9, 2014

TGIF!

 I woke up this morning about 3 am and realized, "Holy Shit, it's my birthday!  Woo hoo!"

For time:

40 Overhead walking lunge steps (Men 45# plate, Women 25# plate)
21 Sumo Deadlift High pulls (Men 95#, Women 65#)
30 Overhead walking lunge steps
18 Sumo Deadlift High pulls
20 Overhead walking lunge steps
15 Sumo Deadlift High pulls
10 Overhead walking lunge steps
12 Sumo Deadlift High pulls

My time:  13:58 Rx

Wow, is it ever humid today.  This is always fun during a workout - makes you feel like you're working twice as hard when sweat is just pouring off you.  The first round was ridiculous and I broke it up way too much on the lunges.  This week has been Hell on my quads with all the squats.  This was just icing on the cake.   Mmm....cake.  Anyway, where was I?  Oh yeah, the SDHP - didn't feel completely awful today, and had some decent sets but nothing was unbroken.  Fun workout.

Warm up was death by 10m.  I made 11 rounds, then went to sets of 8 sprints through minute 20.  Enough of that.

Strength was emom for 20 min 5 pull ups and max dumbbell thrusters.  I did 5 rounds of 2 strict and 5 thrusters (15#)  and then went to one minute pull ups, next minute thrusters.  I was fine with that.  I actually got in 16 strict pull ups today.  Not consecutive, of course, but that's gotta be some sort of record for me.

TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment