Thursday, May 22, 2014

Migraine...Day 3, but you can't stop me!

I actually PR'd today, despite being on day three of a brutal migraine, and being groggy from drugs.  I didn't even hesitate to get up and go this morning, because yesterday while I was working out was the only time my head wasn't just killing me.  (Endorphins kicked in I guess.)  And the same was true for today.  Once I got warmed up and started lifting, my head felt fine.  Maybe I should just hang out at the gym all day. 

21-18-15-12-9-6 and 3 rep rounds of:

Sumo deadlift high-pull (Men 75 lbs, Women 55 lbs)
Push jerk (Men 75 lbs, Women 55 lbs)
If bar is dropped, there will be a 10 lateral jumps over barbell penalty before continuing.

My time:  10:50, Rx - PR by 3:04

Last time I did this workout was in August 2013 with a time of 13:54.  I would've been happy with that today, but I have just been feeling way stronger lately (mostly mentally) so I went for it as best I could.  There were a lot of really fast times this morning at 5 am!  Pretty good motivation.

Strength today was Push Jerk.  We were doing sets of 2, and so I ended up setting sort of a PR - I don't have any PR's recorded on sets of two, so I'm calling it a PR!

My loads:  55-65-85-95-105-120-130 (pr for 2 reps)

Now, if I could just get rid of this migraine!

No comments:

Post a Comment