Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Overhead Fran

This is just Fran in disguise, honestly.  Okay, I will admit I much prefer overhead squats to thrusters.  I mean, who wouldn't.  It's a lot easier move.  But the killer for me in this WOD (and Fran) is the pull-ups.  I just get extremely out of breath.  Anyway, I didn't totally hate this one, just wish I were faster.

21-15-9 rep rounds for time of:
Overhead squat (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
Pull-ups

My time:  9:23, Rx

I didn't break the squats up too much - 15/6, 10/5, then 9.   The pull ups were a mess.  I had one set of 5 in the first round and then it was 3's and 2's.  If I could do consistent sets of 5, my time would greatly improve.  Some day...

Strength was OHS 5 sets of 10 reps

My loads:  45-50-55-65-70 

We haven't worked OHS in a while, and these killed my wrists today.  Just need more practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment