Thursday, May 15, 2014

“Power Elizabeth”


21-15-9 rep rounds for time of:

Power clean (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
Ring dips

My time:  9:48, Rx weight, bar dips

This was a tough morning, but fun, actually.  I debated with myself about even getting out of bed, but I needed some power cleans in my life.   Damn near every single one of them felt solid and the few that didn't just made me try harder on the next lift.  Been stressing over a few things, and lifting heavy stuff always makes me feel better.  At least while I'm lifting, anyway.

The warm-up was a WOD in itself. 

90 seconds max reps shoulder to overhead (55#) = 25
30 seconds rest
Tabata bottom to bottom squats = lowest set = 5
30 seconds rest
90 seconds max reps shoulder to overhead (55#) = 25

Then the strength (I'm exhausted just typing this!!)...Death by Back Squat
from the floor.  (I created the Masters Version and went from the rack)

Made it all 10 rounds with 105#

I might show up tomorrow for Angie.  If I can tape up these blisters on my fingers...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment